Monday, 18 January 2016

Kindle Paperwhite






Flynn is a brilliant plot-twister and manipulator of readers' expectations. The Grownup keeps you guessing until the end - and beyond. (THE TIMES)




In the past few years, I have become quite the book lover. So you can imagine my delight when I received a Kindle Paperwhite for Christmas. This was completely unexpected, as I thought the wrapped parcel was a DVD (very similar in weight). I've never used a kindle before, so I was excited to try it out! I decided to read The Grownup written by Gillian Flynn as my first kindle book. It's a fast paced short story, very like her best-seller, Gone Girl.

There's a reason why Kindles are so popular. It's lightweight, easy to use and you can have the book you want to read instantly. The screen's brightness can be adjusted to be read in any light. I often struggle reading in the evening - those energy saving light bulbs are far too dim to read under. I also find it easier to read horizontally. I've yet to find the perfect way to prop open a book whilst laying down, it can be very tricky! I have read that you can share books with other kindle readers, so I must find out how this works and connect with family and friends.

Overall, it has been a positive experience. I was a little wary at first - can technology really replace actual books? Well, I will be alternating between books and the kindle. I like knowing how far into a book I am and how many pages I have left to turn. So, I guess I'll be having the best of both worlds. As a gift, the Kindle Paperwhite was a complete hit! Thanks Dad!

4 comments:

  1. I love my kindle too! I wasn't so sure about them before I got it but I honestly think it's one of the best presents I've ever received.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the second blog I've read on this book in like the last week I swear! I always love your book recommendations Christina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love my Kindle too - they are so handy and easy to carry around! I do like real books too though, I save them for more special occasions now :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will definitely need to take a look into this book, as it sounds very interesting!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete